new engine for 2006 mustang gt

whatdo you think the biggest size engine that could fit into the 2006 Ford Mustang GT.

Reply to
asiannetta

I think a 815 ci Ford hemi head IHRA Pro Stock motor would just about fill one up.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1137719700.267375.136090 @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

"Might have to move the shock towers a bit.."

Reply to
Joe

you think this would be a good start for something streetlegal

asiannetta

Ayup. Reckon so.

Maybe massage the hood a tad, too - With a Sawzall.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

4.6
Reply to
351CJ

If you are willing to move the driver's seat back a smidge, try:

Bob Willard

You could get a car in white with the modular 5.0. That's what's hitting the tracks and was used in the GT-R Concept. Don't see why a new 5.4 can't fit, seeing as that's what is going into the new Shelby. I mean if your looking for size and weight as opposed to sheer cubic inches, these would be the best bolt in's. ;) There are stroker kits out there for the mod motors.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

When you say a smidge how far do you think and do you think there will be need for any other major changes in the car to fit the new engine?

asiannetta

When you say a smidge how far do you think and do you think there will be need for any other major changes in the car to fit the new engine?

asiannetta

LMFAO

If you have to ask you don't need to know...

Reply to
351CJ

My point was, If someone didn't already have a clue about that, they really shouldn't be swapping engines in any car...

Reply to
351CJ

Yeah, that'd work too, although that 514 would be spotting 301 cubic inches (five LITERS) to the Kaase Pro Stock motor.

Personally, I'd go in this direction: start with the all-forged short block from this World Products 4.155 x 4.125 460 ci/575 hp Windsor crate engine --

-- andadd these Cylinder Head Innovations "3v" heads and intake --
-- (218 cc,2.150/1.650, 299/208 cfm @ 0.500"), and Clevor intake --
You'll need toswap out the pistons to fit the Clevo combustion chamber, but even soyou could buy a base '06 Stang and piece together my 460 ci Clevor,plus a T-56 and a 9", for about the same price as the Kaase hemi alone. Yeah, that's the ticket. Street legal. Somewhere.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Here's a kind of "how-to" for putting a 1650 ci Rolls Royce Merlin V12 in a '55 Chevy:

It looks like quite a few "smidges" are required, in every direction. The Roller might be down 60 cubes to the Allison in that digger, but the twin blowers and 3000 hp will probably make up for that. This car has also been street driven. That Allison car, I doubt it.

180 Car
Reply to
one80out