Re: For Sale, 1966 Mustang Coupe 8,101 Original Miles 289, Auto - "41_3.jpeg" 83.1 KBytes

> Currently at $12,800 > > Mint condition, was from an old lady in Norwalk, Ohio that never drove it. > Always mostly rode with her husband. I've had it for almost 10 years. > The reserve this time is $13,500 as my last high bidder at $14,000 had his > loan fall through. I found this newsgroups dedicated to our favorite ford so > I thought it might be appropriate to post the link to my car for sale. > Attached is one picture from the auction. Only $700.00 more and the reserve > is met. Thanks for reading. > My contact info is on the auction page if you have any questions. > > Joe > > Here's the link > >

what a gorgeous car, but you're gonna get some nasty responses for that photo...

Reply to
vince garcia

Why? there is a link to many more photos on the auction. Just curious if I need to submit a better one. I'm open to suggestions.

Joe

Reply to
yoseppi

Photos are not allowed here, as this is a TEXT ONLY discussion group............If you do not understand why this is so, you need to contact your ISP and have them explain it to you.

Bill S.

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Sorry for the photo then, didn't realize that, didn't mean to cross any boundaries.

Sorry about that.

Joe

Reply to
bert

Now let's talk about the mileage and the documentation, as I found one item so far in your pictures that does not ad up.....On your trunk picture, you show a painted lower trunk latch, however, every car I have ever judged for the MCA, in an unrestored class has had this item a natural color, and not painted body color. Can you explain why yours is painted body color? Are you sure the paint is all original?

Bill S.

snipped-for-privacy@ernie.net wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

The car had been repainted approx 12 years ago with the origonal color. To make it perfect I would probably just replace the weatherstripping, that way it would look 100% correct. It was repainted simply to have a refreshed look to it. The origonal owners said they paid over $2,000 to have it painted the same color as it origonally was, mainly from hair scrathes and other imperfections on the original finish. Other than that, that's it. I should have probably stated it a little clearer that the paint is not origonal, but I always tell anyone who asks. Its an excellent job so I'm not ashamed to let anyone know.

Joe

Reply to
yoseppi

I think it's the picture creating an illusion of sorts. On this monitor the way the light is that corner of the latch could be either painted or unpainted. If unpainted and sparkling clean it would reflect some body color. Not to mention the natural color and the color of the car aren't much different under the lighting conditions of that photo to begin with. (yes I know one is 'silver' and the other a 'light blue', but it's how colors can blend if there is alot of light, like the bright (setting?) sun in the photo) I can't tell if it's just reflecting the body color or is painted. But it is lighter in color than the body in that part of the photo so my guess is that it is reflecting body color from the trunk lid above. (I don't have any image tools to take a closer look under magnification on this box, so that might show something else)

Reply to
Brent P

I did not notice this in your Ebay ad either. Perhaps you need to mention that the car has indeed been repainted, and you have no documentation to provide the owner that the mileage is true and accurate. With full disclosure, you do not risk getting sued. Otherwise, you could be in for a world of trouble when the new owner, buying it sight unseen, finds out the truth..................

Bill S.

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

I fully make sure everyone who inquires about it knows all the facts. Also the story I got from the elderly people I bought it from was enough to convince me, and it has done so for over a decade. I fully make sure everyone knows this, mostof them thank me for letting them know. Wish I hade more proof, but the old people never kept much documentation, didn't really know to, they were old. But I have owned many early 60's mustangs and I know a good one when it comes along.

Joe

Reply to
yoseppi

plus, i'd be amazed if someone would want to repaint a car with so few miles on it which has obviously been treated with TLC the whole time. If everything else is original and looks as good as it does, I can't see why there would have been any great need to repaint the thing. Now if this vehicle had undergone some restoration, one could see it, but--unless someone in the chain of ownership has been fibbing--this thing has not been restored so far as the interior goes, which makes it unlikely someone would have messed with a repaint.

Was there maybe an accident in its past? That could explain it, IF the paint is not original.

Reply to
vince garcia

Joe,

I'm not going to toot my own horn, but will tell you first off that your not dealing with the average Mustang owner when your dealing with me. instead, I go back to what I stated before, your Ebay ad does not state that the car has been repainted, either partially, or fully. This is fraud when your ad states the car is all original. If I was the buyer, and I bought the car thinking that the paint was original just based on your Ebay advertising, then later found out that the car was repainted some time in it's past for what ever, reason, I would be seeking judgment against you. Don't think it can happen, it does, as I sought and won a judgment of $15,000 after buying an "all original, rust free" 1968 GT350 convertible three years ago on Ebay. "All original" did not include the 70% of the car that was repainted, and "rust free" did not include the drivers side front floor, torque box, and frame rail that was falling off the car when delivered. If the seller had stated that beforehand, I may have purchased the car anyway, and sunk the $6,000 in to making the required repairs...Instead, he played dumb, and it ended up costing him an extra $10,000 in the long run. You have no documentation about the mileage (you can have your state run an inspection report, along with a title history), you out and out lied about the "All original" part when you stated here that the car was repainted. Your relying on a story told to you by a third party (the supposedly original owners), yet you cannot back it up. People buy cars that are "all original" for a reason, if the car is not all original, you as the seller have to disclose this to everyone, not just those who email you.......Your first thread here is not painting you in the best light, instead, it so far shows that your not being honest to everyone, and as such, you have left yourself open to attack, humiliation, and worst of all, fraud charges if your car reaches it's reserve price as it stands right now......................The ball is in your court, either you'll add to your description and show all of us here that your a stand up guy (yes, even taking a possible financial hit, but then again, your making a lot of money at it's current price, so why be greedy), or maybe not, and show all of us here (you can never really tell who your posting towards, and what they do for a living now can you) that your a scumbag................That choice is strictly up to you.

Bill S.

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Almost forgot, you have no pictures(again, don't post them here, or we as a group will be happy to have your accounts shut down) of the dash (where you hacked it up), nor the engine compartment in your advertising....I wonder why that it....................

Bill S.

Bill S. wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

I wondered exactly the same thing (especially under the hood). Describing a car as "all original" is a dangerous game.

John

66 2+2
Reply to
John Del

Doesn't the odometer look funny too? The ones digit and the thousands are lined up right, but the tens and hundred are not......

Drew

Reply to
Andrew Glasbrenner

The dash screws holding the bezel on are wrong as well, they should not be chrome plated, but a natural finish with some oxidization on them if they were original.

Bill S.

Andrew Glasbrenner wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Where are these pics you guys are talking about? I wanna see what the deal is.

Scott Williams '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams

"Scott Williams" wrote in a message:

On the guys eBay auction. The link to it was in then original post of this thread.

Reply to
GEB

Thought I'd take a look again to see what "HotHead" Bill S had started since going on his rant, there weren't pictures of engine, or many of the dash cause I was limited to 9 pictures. To accomodate this There was a big line at the end saying if you would like more pictures, just e-mail me. To every e-mail replay I got I sent over 80+ pictures of everything, the underside, all four fenderwells, headliner, 10 alone on the engine and so on. It was only repainted due to there were several scratches on various parts of the car that could not be buffed out and detracted from the car. Dash screws were replaced when the bulbs and wiring were gone over on the instrument bezel. Didn't know about "correct screws" So before everyone immediately turns negative and starts slandering me, think, this is my car, and I am not trying to pawn it off on someone, I didn't want to even sell it. But due to me moving I will have nowhere to keep it for several years. Bitch and moan as you like, as I know you will but that is the truth. There are honest people on eBay, so you don't half to throw your shit attitudes in everyones face. This is my last and final post as I refuse to deal with such immature intellects as it frustrates me to half to stoop this low to make a point. Sorry I even posted a link here in the first place, go back to your whining and bitching as every other troll infested newsgroup does.

Take it as you wish.....

Joe

Reply to
yoseppi

Well Joe,

You obviously cannot take the criticism like a man, yet at yet at the same time, I have to wonder why, after telling the world about the repaint here, you have yet to add it in to your Ebay description. I guess we found what type of seller you truly are., and let's face it, your rant below has little if no truth to it either. As for the word "slander", in this case you have no leg to stand on, as everything we have stated here so far is the truth, and nothing but the truth (at least what I have stated so far)........Finally, you want to talk integrity, I've sold 65+ antique automobiles on Ebay (95% of them Mustang or Shelby related), and have yet to have a negative comment from any of the buyers (ok, one used car lot owner who tried to get me to drop the price on a 79 Corvette by $2,000 so he could make more on the resale, but in his case, all you need to do is look at his feedback to see the true user).................So, once again, you never know who your talking to when it comes to this newsgroup. In terms of selling on Ebay, and elsewhere, boy have you got a lot more to learn.................

Bill S.

snipped-for-privacy@woh.rr.com wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

A quick note: Slander is spoken. In writing, it's libel.

Reply to
Garth Almgren