Re: stupid question

Okay I need help,

> > I am looking at 68 fast back with a data tag that appears to have the > following numbers: > > 34 29h 63B FDS 6G > > I have down loaded a data tag decoder but it doesn't appear to work. What am > I doing wrong here? > > Also the body is just Okay but the trunk floor, floor pans and frame rails > need replaced. The Engine is crsut and has been pulled for a number of > years. What would you pay for a car in this shape. I know I'm looking at a > lot of work to restore includeding placing the bottom portions of the doors. > > Regards, > Dennis > > 66 Mustang convertible > 99 cyl mustang > >
Reply to
DDB

Well it is a J code 302 which makes it a fairly rare car. Pretty early production at Metuchen plant as it is the 5762 one made. I'd spend the money on a Marti report and you'll get all the original info for the car. StuK

Stuart&Janet

I dunno how much I'd spend, but from someone who has been there, floors are expensive! And as you mention, if the floor is gone, frame rails and torque boxes need to be replaced too. I loved my old 67 to the end of the earth, but it's a lot of work and money to bring them back... maybe you should seriously consider something already restored... let the other guy eat the cost..

Brad

Reply to
Brad

Brad that is great advise but I have already restored 1 66 convertible and don't think this is that big of a challenge. I enjoy the work in restoring them. Then once their finish I loose interest. I think I think I enjoy the hobby in bringing them back.

Reply to
DDB