Warranty - towing included?

2000 NB turbo overheating (water pump?) with 85K miles on it. Just had it towed in. Pretty sure the overheating will be covered by the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, but should the tow charge also be covered?

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Towing will not be covered by VW...

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Let us know what the cause was and if it was covered. I am betting on the thermostat.

Reply to
Peter Parker

|In article , Rex B wrote: |>2000 NB turbo overheating (water pump?) with 85K miles on it. |>Just had it towed in. Pretty sure the overheating will be covered by the |>100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, but should the tow charge also be covered? |>

|>Rex in Fort Worth | |Let us know what the cause was and if it was covered. I am betting on |the thermostat.

It was the water pump. I figured that, since it was also making mechanical noises and apparently losing coolant. Even worse, the bastards are denying warranty because we orignally bought it as a lease, then took the buyout option at lease end. They contend that makes us the 2nd owner (D&M Leasing was the first), Legally, that's true, but it's been our car from the first.

lessons learned:

#1 Never buy another VW product

#2 Never lease a car. I knew better, but this was my wife's deal. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Or buy a new VW with a VW lease and the problems solved! Sometimes cars just cost money no matter who you buy it from. One has to consider the VW warranty is better than most cars out there.

Reply to
Woodchuck

|Or buy a new VW with a VW lease and the problems solved! Sometimes cars just |cost money no matter who you buy it from. One has to consider the VW |warranty is better than most cars out there.

It's as good as the company offering it. When they resort to technicalities to dodge a claim, I'm not impressed. Hell will freeze over before I buy another VW or another OE part for the 2 I have.

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

|On 18 Feb 2004 11:16:52 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@zero.com (Peter Parker) wrote: | ||In article , Rex B wrote: ||>2000 NB turbo overheating (water pump?) with 85K miles on it. ||>Just had it towed in. Pretty sure the overheating will be covered by the ||>100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, but should the tow charge also be covered? ||>

||>Rex in Fort Worth || ||Let us know what the cause was and if it was covered. I am betting on ||the thermostat. | |It was the water pump. I figured that, since it was also making mechanical |noises and apparently losing coolant. | |Even worse, the bastards are denying warranty because we orignally bought it as |a lease, then took the buyout option at lease end. They contend that makes us |the 2nd owner (D&M Leasing was the first), Legally, that's true, but it's been |our car from the first.

My wife wrote a letter to the CEO of VOA, explaining the circumstances and demanding they honor the warranty. The CEOs secretary called today and said they would update their computer to show the warranty valid. Metro should have that information tomorrow to process the claim. All's well that ends well. I guess I'll take a look at that Passat TDI after all :)

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B