small problem

Can anyone tell me what to use on my roof liner in order to keep it up.

I tried 3m spray adheasive.....it worked for about 2 weeks.

any other ideas

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick

Ummm nail gun?? :) I have seen all kinds of things tried, so far the best thing I have found is using a doggie barrier in my fox wagon..

Snow..

Reply to
Snow

I had this problem with a little Bronc-ett (Bronco II) that I had several years ago. I tried everything. What finally worked, was taking it out, hauling it to an upholstery shop and having them apply new fabric. What happens is the foam under the fabric rots. So the adhesive sticks only until a new layer of the foam flakes off, and there you are again with fabric bouncing off your head while driving down the highway. It wasn't that expensive to have it done because I did the hard part, the R&I. It couldn't hurt to make a few phone calls and ask. If you strip all the old foam off and fabric, it will save you money too, because all they will have to do is glue the new fabric on. You may be able to purchase the fabric at an upholstry fabric store, but the rubber cement they use is in a spray gun, don't know where you would get it or exactly what it is. I know it's high temp resistant and pretty nasty if you get it on ya.

Hope this helped.

Kate

| > I tried 3m spray adheasive.....it worked for about 2 weeks. | >

| > any other ideas | >

| > Thanks | > Rick | >

| > -- | > 1984 Gt..."first time Owner/Mechanic, trying his best" | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks Kate.........I will call around to see if there is anyone who can do it.....I just figured that maybe it was something I could have done myself.

have a good one

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Actually you can get the adhesive at some autoparts stores, it's made by 3M and is expressly for headliners.

Reply to
Brent P

Reply to
John Wiebalk

My Pleasure Rick, let me know what you find out :) If you DO try to do it yourself, be careful about applying pressure unevely to the padded fabric. What can happen is the glue will go into the padding as you press and cause dimples making a pretty ugly mess. I didn't do this one, but have seen it happen.

Kate

| > Hope this helped. | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

ROFLMAO! I just re-read this...

never thought I would be telling a guy how to "keep it up"

*snikker*....

ok.. I'm leaving now...

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

i had a 83 mustang and the headlining was falling down the foam between the vinyl and the carboard was breakking down.. i also tried the vinyl adhesize and it seemed to work ,. but the heat from the sun just let the adhesive break and the stuff just fell down again...... went to auto parts store and bought a spray can of Headliner adhesive for about $12.00 seemed kinda high, that was about 7 yrs. ago... i had a nozzle on the top with a double head.. looked like it sprayed not in a pattern like most sprays but spit it out in a cross pattern, two openings...... went to Hancock Frabrics shop (a local store where women go to buy cloth material, they sold vinyl about 54 in. wide and about $7.00 a yard.. i got a light blue(it did not have any foam in the back like the original had in the car).. but it worked.. sprayed the adhesive on the removed cordboard from the roof and layed the vinyl on the wet with adhesive coardboard and rolled it with an old cooking roller and got all the wrinkles out of it.. cost me less than $20.00 for a new headlining.... i dont know the brand name of it, but stores like NAPA, national auto parts stores probably have it, the one by me sells all kind of paints and body and fender supplies, etc...

Reply to
jim