storeing my 05 gt for the winter any suggestions on storing?

im storeing the car outside in a covered car port. im in michigan so im sure it will be cold and lots of snow.any sugestions on storeing a newer stang? pul; the battery..start it everynow and then? first new car..my thunderbird project is in the heated garage..any help appretiated thanks.. stew

Reply to
stew

put a heater in the radiator. change out radiator fluid to survive that -40 degrees

Reply to
Anabaena Microcystis

Stew,

Your very best option is to deliver to me. I have a very southern address and would gladly look after your baby until the the flowers are blooming again in the spring. Heck, and for you, but mostly for your '05 GT, I'll even waive my fee. And I PROMISE not to rack up any more than 10-15,000 miles on it. PLUS, what the hell... I changed my mind, I'll even come up your way to pick it up AND will return it in the spring. Such a deal!

Second best option, if you can pony up the cash, is to check out a rental storage unit. Depending on your area, you're probably looking at about $100 a month. In my mind, it would be worth every penny to keep it nice and dry all winter. You might also want to ask around. You might be able to find someone who'll rent you some of their garage space for less.

Third best, IMO, is just limit driving it -- only taking it out nice days when the pavement is dry. And then drive it for at least 20-30 minutes to get all the condensation out of the exhaust, engine, etc. (NEVER, just start it up for a few minutes and let it idle. That's bad bad bad!)

Last choice is to put in a fresh fluids, fill the gas tank and toss in a bottle of Stable, put it up on blocks, pull off the wheels and tires and buy the best [outdoor] cover you can afford.

Did I mention I'll look after it for you?

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L

Fill the fuel tank with fresh fuel, and add stabilizer. Remove the battery and put it inside. Change the oil. Make sure the coolant/antifreeze is up to snuff. Cover with something specifically made for this, not just a tarp. Spend the bux and get a quality outdoor all weather cover. Get the tires up off the ground. Pray for spring.

Reply to
.boB

Reply to
stew