1966 two speed motor

I need to get my wipers working again. I dont know if theres a short or if the motor/switch is bad.

So I need to order a two speed wiper motor, and a two speed wiper switch with washers.

Anyone know where i can purchase either item?

Tanks Evan

Reply to
66stang

The switch is avaolable from many vendors. The problem I found is that the 2 speed motor is a problem.

First, are you sure it's a 2 speed? The two speed was part of the "Visibility Group" which included the day/night mirror, and the left hand remote mirror (without the Pony upgrade).

In my own case, my 65 came with the Visibility Group, but I am modifying it to an intermittant wiper system. The switch is the same, but the intermittent system has a black box in the wiring harness between the switch and the motor. Turn it to the right to position 1 or 2 (from the 12 o'clock position) or turn it to the left from the 12 o'clock position and it's totally adjustable.

I got the switch and motor for $25. It came out of an upper end pickup truck. The motor is smaller than original and would require fabrication of a mount under the dash because it is smaller than original. When installed, the switch looks exactly like my oem 2 speed switch.

Reply to
Spike

Yes I'm sure its a two speed. I accidently purchased a single speed motor and the connectors are not the same. 100% sure I need a two speed.

I can find the two speed switch but i cant find the "two speed switch with washers" it seems obsolete now, which sucks cuz i bought one last year.

Reply to
66stang