Water infiltration

My mustang 2.3 lx hathcback 88 is getting all wet on the floor in the front driver seat I can't find where the infiltration is occuring 'I did covert the bottom outside floor with a compound tar -plastic use for roof flashing but the water is still coming in any suggestion where I should look ? thanks for the time

Reply to
Dany Viens

Are you getting any on the passenger side??? Passenger side would indicate that the heater core has possibly gone out. Does it smell like antifreeze? Does the inside of your window fog up when you turn on the defrost?

Steve Something up my sleeve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Pour water in the cowl and watch for leaking down the dashboard area. The newer stangs are better for cowl rust than the vintage ones but my '87 still has some flakes of rust up in the cowl area. Pull the cowl top off and poke around in there to see if there are any holes. Clean any leaves and debris that may clog the drain holes also while your in there.

Check for any holes up at the top of the windshield pillars. Here in the land of the ice and snow ( and salt, I'm in Ontario) they are prone to rust through up there. Also spray water at the windshield edge area and look for leaks around the glass sealant. At its age it may be cracked or separated or may be suffering from a poor glass replacement in its past.

You may also have a shot heater core but usually it would leak on the passenger side but stranger things have happened, also you'd likely smell the sickening sweet smell of the antifreeze if that was so. Regardless check the drain tube on the firewall under the hood on the passenger side. If your heater core is leaking then a lot of the antifreeze will drip from the drain tube. HTH Bon Chance! StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet