Wheel Size?

Does anyone know if a 5 1/2 inset ( back spacing ) wheel fit on an 86 Mustang? This is for a back wheel.

Monica

Reply to
Wendell & Monica

Monica

What is the rim width, tire size, and tail pipe size?

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

With 5.5 backspace you are most likely going to run into tail pipe interferance, but with a tire that tall and a 4.5 BS you'll probably rub the inner fender. Have you thought about changing tire size? I ran a 265/50/15 on a set of 15x8 welds on my 89 lx without problems, but I only had a 2.5 tail pipes. IIRc the back spacing was 4.5 not 5.5

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

If you have the quad shocks on you can flip them over and get a little more. The work fine turned around backwards.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon