1997 Pickup 4 cyl air conditioning?

My air conditioning is not turning on. No light at switch. Compressor not running coming on. Checked fuse but it is ok from the looks of it. Radio and airconditioning fuse are one. Radio works. If it is the on/off switch, how do I get it out?

Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Randy

Fixed it. The fuse box was marked wrong for the air conditioner. The box indicated a 10A fuse, but it was really a 20A fuse and it had blown for some reason.

Cleaned the condensor and radiatior as it had alot of trash boxing fins also. Now it is working fine.

Reply to
Randy

most likely you run out of coolant gas, maybe you have a puorous hose or something like that. When the gas presure is low, the compressor won't start. Have your air conditioning system checked for leaks and refill the gas.

Good luck!

Randy wrote:

Reply to
raluxs

the compressor could have blow

regards free free games free games

Reply to
iibm2323

the compressor could have blow

regards free free games free games

Reply to
iibm2323

It was the fuse. The fuse box was incorrect as to location.

Everything is running fine now. Also washed out the condenser and radiator as it was full of trash.

Reply to
Randy