2001 Pathfinder LE starting problem

My Pathfinder has developed a starting problem. Once in a while, when I go to start the vehicle is cranks two or three times and just stops. Then when I go to start it again, it starts right up without any problem. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Thanks for any help.

Ken

Reply to
pathfinderfan

Speaking about vehicles in general, the first thing to check is poor contact at one of the battery terminals. Is either loose or corroded? If one's loose, just tighten it. Otherwise you might want to remove the leads and clean and tighten everything. But you might need a radio unlock code to get the radio working again.

An intermittent bad connection in the starter motor solenoid is the next most likely cause.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

Reply to