300ZX drivability problem

1988 300ZX non-turbo standard trans. Terrible flooding problem at idle, but will run at speed ok. Fuel pressure after filter reads 41psi. Compression is between 70-75 psi in all cylinders. New plugs, cap and rotor. Connected it to a sun machine and spark lines looked good till the plugs started fouling out (from to much fuel). Used hand vacuum pump on egr while idling and there was no change. Replaced O2 sensor less than 500 miles ago. I don't remember exactly what the vacuum reading was but I believe it was low. Scanner recieved 3 codes: ? cylinder head temp, vss and idle air control. Noid light indicates the ecu is pulsing the injectors. I need to put this car out of my misery !! Any ideas would would be great!
Reply to
race

Try unplugging the CHT sensor for a "test", There is a square two wire plug for a subharness going to this sensor onn the passengers side of the intake. Very comon for the CHT sensor and the plug at it getting corroded and causing this problem.

Also check for fuel in the vac line at the regulator, there shouldn't be any there.

Reply to
Steve T

Start checking vacuum controlled components that have fuel behind them. You'll find a bad diaphragm somewhere.

-Pete

race wrote:

Reply to
speedy