88 300ZX Turbo for sale

I am the 2nd owner of this car. I live in the Los Angeles area.

It's a 1988 300ZX Turbo with 170k (2nd turbo) (original motor). Automatic transmission (needs work on the transmission, I was quoted $600 to replace

2nd gear drum ((whatever that means))). It is the GLL model. Digital dash, power everything, original everything. It is dark red with a charcoal interior. Original Turbo rims. The rest of the car is in EXCELLENT mechanical condition. Tinted windows, a/c works (auto climate control). The interior does not have one scratch on it, not one tear or crack. The exterior is in excellent condition. The car has been garaged it's whole life, new timing belt about 8k miles ago (also had cam seals replaced at the same time). I have always run synthetic fluids throughout the car, new air flow meter, aiv, new air regulator about 5k miles ago. Whenever this car showed any signs of repair needed, I had it fixed without hesitation. I am selling this car because I got another car asa gift and I am getting a bit too old for this thing. It is a two seater and moves very fast. I invite anyone to take this to their mechanic and find a better car for the price. I am asking $1495 OBO. I am selling it so cheap because I need to get out from the loan I have on the car plus the transmission needs repair. Other than that, It looks, runs and sounds better than many Z's of this model.

email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or call (562) 537-0413 Ask for Erik

Reply to
Erik

BS, no one is going to replace a 2nd gear drum for $600. I bet the second gear drum COSTS $600 plus the labor to replace it, about another $1500.

BTW wrong place to post an ad, it's against the charter.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
Erik

Then fix it. No one in their right mind would remove the trans, disasemble it, install a $500 part and put it all back together for $100 labor? Wait you need a gasket set and fluid etc so this guy was going to fix your auto trans for no labor? Yea right.

Live with being called a cheat and a liar. That car in that condition MIGHT be worth $400? Just a head up to anyone stupid enough to think about buying it.

Reply to
Steve T

I am no liar, but I do honestly have a written quote I would be more than happy to provide. I would rather ask you based on your expertise rather than have a pissing contest. Can I scan it and email it to you? I am curious if the person I sold the car to this evening is going to get screwed. I sold it for $1300. He is going to take the car there tomorrow. I have no reason to lie nor would I under any circumstances. As far as living with the ad, it may have sounded harsh and I do apologize if it came across that way, but I am sure you won't lose any sleep over it. Let me know if I can scan this over or provide the number and have you speak to them.

THanks.

Reply to
Erik

I already posted my thoughts, there is NO WAY someone is going to even get the trans removed from the car and reinstalled for what you said the repair would cost, much less rebuilding the transmission too.

Waste of time, it's not worth anything. It's just a quote not a binding contract to fix it for that price. When they get the car apart, the price will at least double I'm willing to bet. It's called bait and switch.

Sure he is, if he picks the car up and pays that price for it. I'm willing to bet you won't promise this guy it will only cost $600 to fix or you'll eat the difference will you?

Well you were able to screw somebody. Like I said no one in their right mind would overhaul the auto trans in that car with a bad drum for $600. Maybe they quoted you that but you'd never drive out with the car fixed for that price. It's like brakelands $99 friction reline, no car has EVER left that place for $99 with new brakes..

Well anyone whom would start posting for sale ads in places they know it's not right to post them isn't someone I'd buy a car from.

Reply to
Steve T

I didn't know it was not okay to post. I think you are a bit hostile about this and I am hoping you have bigger fish to fry. I spoke with the guy who bought the car and gave nothing less than full disclosure and I repeated everything you mentioned and he still wants the car. I did agree on my own willing to reduce the price based on the real price of the transmission overhaul or whatever needs to be done. For every dollar over $600, I agreed to lessen the sale price that amount. That is the best I can do and I feel it's fair. With that said, relax, take a deep breath and have a good night.

Reply to
Erik

Yep replied "Live with it" when you were told.

If you follow usenet rules you should read up on the group and then look at the types of posts before you start posting. Another reason I -fight- to keep for sale posts off these groups as if they start showing up regularly with no one complaining, it then becomes comon and people assume it's OK.

If anyone and everyone used this as a marketplace, it would be useless for it's intended purpose, helping people with their car problems and questions. Selfish people always rationalize why it's OK for them to do this and insult the people who correct them. You're no different in that respect.

He's an idiot.

Hey it's your conscience not mine. Get ready as you might end up owning him money, although I seriously doubt you're going to refund him $1000 on a $1300 car when it turns out to be a $1600 repair which it probably will be.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
Erik

Who's losing sleep?

?? You really think you've upset me!?

Another asshole ripping someone off and abusing usenet.

Reply to
Steve T