Extended Warranty(Nissan Gold Plan, please clarify)

Cross-posted this on the Maxima group as well.

I've been looking at the Nissan extended warranty plans(gold & gold preferred) during the past few days and am now more confused than when I started.

I'm aware of the major differences in the roadside assistance and things of this nature(which are of no interest), but I've been told(by a dealer) that the Bose stereo isn't covered under the gold plan(as of last April), but is covered under the gold preferred. I was also told(again, by a dealer)that the Bose system is covered by both, and the roadside assistance and extra day's coverage(possibly rental) are the primary benefits of the gold preferred package. When looking at the Nissan site, which shows the agreement, it looks like NO audio components are covered. I also called the

1-800-NISSAN-1 customer service number, but I really feel that some of these people have basically no clue.

My questions are:

1)What are the differences in the components covered by these plans? 2)Is the Bose system(probably Clarion head unit) and the speakers covered?

Thanks, Michael Harris

-- remove NOSPAM to send mail

Reply to
Michael & Amy Harris