extended warranty

Hi All, I bought a 2002 Passat a while back and got the CPO warranty. It is about to expire (in the next few monthys) due to milage. I've gone a few rounds in the VW site. Does anyone know of a link or site that details an extended warranty? I get SPAM that touts "extended warranty for any car". ugh.

I'd liek to stay with VW.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

: )

Thanks. Rich

Reply to
Rich

The profit to the salesman and company is usually over 50%. So for every $1,000 you spend you are likely to get back less than $500 in repairs. Some will get nothing back and some will get a lot more. In addition you need to keep in mind that the insurer has worded it to eliminate as many expensive things as they can.

Your decision has to do with the value of the piece of mind it gives you. If that is worth the $500 then buy it. Don't expect it to cover everything however, most are written to keep cost down and exempt what they know will cost them money.

Good Luck

Reply to
Joseph Meehan