Pulsing brakes 97 Altima

1997 Altima

I have problem with the pulsing brakes after about 25-30 k. Planning to put new rotors and keep old pads (since ¾ left, and paid ~ $80)

Good idea?

Reply to
Greg

Hey Greg

I had the same problem years ago and I replaced the rotors to fix it -- my dealer told me (after the warrenty had run out) that the pulsating was most likely my ABS and quoted a big money repair -- I didn't even have ABS! They clearly wanted to hose me so did it myself. Warped rotors is most likely your problem.

Not sure about keeping the pads but can understand you want to save $80. I don't know if a warped rotor does something weird to the pads - that is a good question..

Regards, Remco

Reply to
remcow