coil problem? what are symptoms? other questions

hi, I have an 01 maxima and I was wondering what the symptoms are of the dreaded coil problem. my SES light has gone on twice and then gone off, and I've noticed in the past few months that my car sometimes has problems starting up. someone times it's when I first start it for the day, other times it's when the car is warm and it's only been off for a few minutes (say I run in to get coffee or something). also in the past month or so I've noticed that before the engine fully warms up, it seems to almost sturrter when I'm accelerating. my first question, is this related to ignition coil problem? my car has about 34,000 miles on it so I'm still under the powertrain warranty, correct? would the coil replacement be covered under power train warranty? (the car is mroe than 3 years old so the bumper to bumper is expired) thanks!

Reply to
Nick Vital

I've had the same problem 4 time now and everytime it reads that my number

3 coil was misfiring. I also talked with several other people at Maxima.org who has had the same problem. Maybe we should all form together and file a class action lawsuit against Nissan.
Reply to
00MaxMan

Or maybe you should just replace the coil? Are you saying the replacements have failed? If that's the case, there is something else going on.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
Dr. Nick

I had exactly the same problem as you have mentioned, and had the coil replaced. The problem went away, but last sunday as I was driving, the ABS, SES, Oil Pressue, Airbag indicators lighted up, the engine lost power and died. I was lucky to pullover before the car stopped responding.After about 15-20 minutes, I was able to re-start without any problem, but now I don't feel safe to drive it. My car has about

50,000 miles and is a max 2001 gle.
Reply to
NeilM

begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EAH0`1`( ````3S/___R'Y! $```$`+ ````"A`!$```+_C(^IR^T/ MHYRTVHNSWKS[#X9B!I0.D*"(JJBL]"[ES,54;#_Y>>P!GF*X*C[#JSA:!9._ M)>UGZCFC-%34>+4VH;9CTY6%8J7;K_BL-&)96JYZ+0VWR$ E^TU];Z_ENCJ/ M!X:G9R581M@WEC@4. AW=\@UT[:'Z+0D,VE9:

Reply to
Delta25