Interior dash lights on 96 Maxima after replacing factory radio...

hi,

I just noticed this and don't recall if this was this way before but after replacing the bose radio in my 1996 Maxima, there are no lights on the temperature heating/cooling panel at night when dark, no lights on the mirror adjustment panel and the brightness illumination button is not lighted at all at night. Cruise control doesn't work anymore but I can hear the switch click under the hood when I click the button on the dash. My bose stereo system was replaced with a Kenwood DDX-419 system with DVD player, bluetooth, telephone, etc. features on it and the guy had hook a wire to the parking brake to disable the DVD player when driving the car so it only works when the parking brake is engaged.

My question is whether the installation of the new radio is at all related to my current issues ? Did the installer cut any wires just to get the parking brake disable to work ?

I found the wire that the guy ran for the parking brake disable, cut it and ran it to ground so that the DVD player always works now. I didn't bother looking any further at the parking brake area to see if I found any jumpered or cut wires until I got a second opinion on this since it seemed to be rather involved to get back there and take everything apart.

-- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com -

Etop Udoh....

Reply to
Etop Udoh