MIL and engine codes - P0325 & P0115

Hello,

I recently had my check engine light come on my 1995 Maxima SE (150k miles). I used a ODB-II tool to pull the codes and came up with P0325 and P0115.

I've read some bantor on the web and decided to start testing the engine coolant temperature sensor (P0115) before I looked at the knock sensor (P0325).

The problem I have is in getting at the coolant temp sensor...I've looked at the FSM and also my Haynes book and they all have pretty clear pictures of it but no real description that walks you through what all needs to be removed in order to get at it.

I have removed some hoses but there are still obstacles in my way. I can physically touch the sensor but not well enough to get a grip on it and pinch the top so I can remove the wiring harness.

FWIW, I did find a neat page that explains how to replace a knock sensor:

Does anyone have a "step-by-step" on how to replace/test an engine coolant temperature sensor? Does this sound like the right approach?

TIA!

Reply to
mgfink

replace the coolant temp. sensor and ignore the knock sensor as , the knock sensor will not turn on the MIL

Reply to
NissTech

I am guessing you did not read the whole message you responded to... :->

Reply to
Pszemol