need headlight replacement guidance

I noticed today that my 04 Maxima has a headlight out (fog lights too for that matter). I have tried to take off the light assembly with the 2 bolts on top, but it doesn't budge. Is there a guide or can someone offer me some assistance in what I might need to do in order to get this headlight replaced without having to go to the dealer?

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
code_runner

Is the bulb replacement not outlined in the car manual?

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

I'm sorry my help isn't of a more immediate nature. It wouldn't occur to me to start trying to take anything apart on my Max without a shop manual open on my bench. But I don't plan on working on this car anyway...spent too many years doing it of neccesity to enjoy it anymore. Good luck.

Wolfie, et al

code_runner wrote:

Reply to
Grampa Wolfie

P.S. Here's a pdf file on that subject.

http://makeashorterl> I noticed today that my 04 Maxima has a headlight out (fog lights too for

Reply to
Grampa Wolfie

If I had a car manual, I would be able to answer that question.

Paul

Reply to
code_runner

GW - awesome link! :)

I use the courtesy nissan website all the time, but never noticed they put the user manuals up!

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Just stumbled across it myself. Glad you found it useful. ;-]

Wolfie, et al

Reply to
Grampa Wolfie

OK.. Thanks for the manual.. It says to take it to the dealer to get the headlight changed. Which is where it is now.

Paul

Reply to
code_runner

Sorry it's not a DIY gig, Paul. I get the impression not much on these cars falls into that category. At least according to Nissan.

Wolfie, et al

Reply to
Grampa Wolfie

Headlight replaced at dealer here in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

add on

1 oil change, 2 recall fixes 1 REALLY good carwash and paint treatment

Wallet about $200.00 lighter, but now I can drive in the dark without worrying about geting pulled over.

Paul

Reply to
code_runner