Power Steering Question

I just had the power steering hose replaced today. when I picked it up I noticed a hum when I turned the steering wheel and he said that's just a little air in the lines and would go away in a day or so. Also he really over filled the cannister, its all the way to the top of it. Should I remove the excess out of the cannister, the manual says do not overfill. Any comments would be appreciated.

rottie

Reply to
rottie

I would drop the fluid level to where it's marked. If that hum does not go away I would ask for a new pump.

Reply to
gaslight

The noise will probably go away. Do lower the fluid level or it will spew all over your engine compartment when it gets good and hot.

Reply to
JimV

He's right. He should have filled the system up in a different manner to avoid this buit it won't hurt anything.

Only after the air has worked it's way out of the fluid.

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks guys for the advice, I appreciate it.

rottie

Reply to
rottie