206 cuts out sometimes

W reg (2000) pug 206 xs Sometimes, just sometimes, when I drop the clutch, the revs dip so low the engine cuts out, the dash lights come on and the door locks pop up. This could happen 3 or 4 times on a 3 mile journey then not again for 2 months. It seems totally random. Sometimes the revs do dip very low but then jump back up, then down a bit then back up, what I call the yoyo effect. As long as it doesnt stall this bit doesnt bother me.

Does anyone have a clue what could cause these stalls?

Thanks Lee

Reply to
Lee Davison

It's a known peugeot problem that Peugeot don't know or care to fix in their crappy cars. Put "peugeot stalling" into Google and see how many relevant websites appear.

I hope you have more luck than me. My 306 stalls on cold start, and I've had it checked by many different garages including Peugeot dealer. All said there is no problem, and as no code is recorded in the ECU I'm none the wiser.

Reply to
bash_your_arse

16 to be precise and of that only about 4 of any relevance.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Well done Mr. Peugeot Champion and your point being?

Get a life.

Reply to
bash_your_arse

The point being that putting "peugeot stalling" into Google shows little of any relevance to the point being made. Making claims other than that would appear to be bullshit?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

Ok then, what about "206 cuts out sometimes"?

Trying to be helpful on any forum (and this one seems to be no different) is always lambasted by people like you who have to try and justify their existance in this world by trying and failing to belittle other people giving who give their point of view or benefit of experience to others who actually ask. Have you actually answered the originators question? No, you have decided to slate my answer because, and this is only according to Professor Jim, my Google search quotes were incorrect.

Get a life and do one, PLEASE.

Reply to
bash_your_arse

GET A LIFE AND DO A GOOD JOB PLEASE..

Reply to
Chris

Leave it with them overnight, mechanics are reluctant to sort out cold starting problems as you sometimes only get one chance to diagnose whats wrong per day - after that I find the car is slightly warm enought to start with issue right till the next day.

Good luck :|

Reply to
Chimp

I haven't suffered with this in both my 206's, but you may want to have a look here. They have started up a petition so you could add your name.

Terrytubby