206 warning light

I have a 206 1.4 HDi 2002 model. A light on the dash has come on, it looks like a side view of an engine and is orange. When the light came on there was a single beep with it. The light stays on all the time and beeps once when I start the engine. Could anyone tell me what it is, trhere are no other warning lights on and the car seems to be opeating properly. Cheers Ian

Reply to
Ian

Sounds like its the Engine Management System light

Proceed to your Peugeot Dealer and they will need to plug it into the diagnostic equipment.

Shunt...

Reply to
The Shuntfield

Thanks, I took it to the Peugeot dealer today and it was the engine management light, apparently it was an intermittent fault with the ECU. They cleared it and reset. Fingers crossed there's no more problems Cheers Ian

Reply to
Ian

Intermittant fault.

Thats not very good....

I'd imagine that it will manifest itself again mate. There are many sensors on the engine gearbox and other things that will bring the autodiagnostic light on.

If it comes back again bang the table. When I had my car initally the light came on a few times, there was a problem with the clutch sensor, each time they cleared it down it would come back on a few days later.

Silicone in the connector and replacement clutch sensor cured it!

Best of Luck!

Shunt....

Reply to
The Shuntfield

Ta mate I'm fully expecting the light to come back on again at some point in the not too distant future. The car still has 12 months warranty so if it does come on again at least the expense is down to peugeot. Knowing my luck though it will happen 2 days after the warranty expires. Cheers Ian

Reply to
Ian