Peugeot 206 HDi 2.0 clutch slip

Hi, my 2001 45k mile 206's clutch is starting to slip. I gather it's hydaulic so can't be adjusted and the pedal bites a lon way up the travel so looks like I need a new clutch... Pug want £412+vat ! Is there anything else I can check or is it def the clutch? How hard is it to change the clutch? might DIY.. Any recommended garages in or around Ipswich/Suffolk otherwise? TIA Daz

Reply to
Dazza

I have the Citroen hdi. Have a look at Honest John website and the review of these motors. Bit worrying, but I've had no problems so far (apart from having to pack the self adjusting mechanism to take up loads of free play) DaveK

Reply to
DaveK

how did you do that Dave? Daz

Reply to