306 Standard Equipment

Hi fellow pug owners

New to this site so be gentle with me ( based Manchester UK)

Have had 306 (1994 Lreg) 1,4 1994 LX for 6 years now 120K bought at British car auction as a high miler back in 1998, been chuffed to bits with it, but now thinking of another with a few more creature comforts and changing to the turbo diesel engine because of of its high mileage potential.

I do all my own servicing and repairs and have done for 30 years from basic servicing to big end bearings, alas main dealers are what I consider a necessary evil only to be used for parts not obtainable elsewhere, from what I have read from previous postings Peugeot main dealers appear to be worse than most.

It makes you wonder how such an incompetent company can produce such a great car or is the franchises which are incompetent, if that is the case wouldn?t you think Peugeot would get a grip of them.

Anyway my problem is sorting out which model next to buy, I am finding it confusing sorting out which models have which equipment as standard, in different years, as one year, what was an optional extra becomes standard on a different model the next year. So its difficult to know what equipment was on L, LX, XN,GLX ,D Turbo, TD Meridian Rapier etc. etc. Parkers guide only tell you when things were introduced not which of the models that applied to.

I am looking for 1997/98/99 model 306 5 door Turbo diesel ESTATE preferably but maybe hatchback Electric windows at front and or rear

Electric Sunroof (DEFINITELY NO AIRCON THANKS) I have read too many earlier postings for that PAS

Split rear seats Tints maybe

I fancied the later 306 2.0 HDi 90 estate but cannot seem to find one with sunroof they all seem to be AIRCON.

Unless you know different

Can you make suggestions as to which models have these features in those years

And did the HDi estate ever have a sunroof instead of the troublesome Aircon. can any 306 estate owners submit their list their own specs

Your help would be much appreciated

Reply to
PaulR

[snip]

My 97 GLX 5DR EFW not rear. Spli Seats. Can't help on sunroof.

More helpfully I have the Oct'98 Brochure. (L,LX,GLX,XS/DTurbo,GTi6)

EFW on everything but the L. ERW on GLX only. Green tinted glass PAS XSi, GTi6 option on others. ESR specced as an option. Aircon standard on GLX and GTi6 but IIRC you could spec ESR instead.

HTH

Split rear seats (60/40) on all.

Reply to
Phöènix