306 XSI Immobiliser help needed please.....

Garage had the battery off to fix the gearbox. They told me I had to re-set my immobiliser as they couldn't get the car started. While paying the bill, they amazingly got the car started by typing in the code. Took the car home, and now the car won't start, the immobiliser red light is continuously on, along with a continuous tone of the immobiliser. I've tried the procedures stated in the manual to no avail. The immobiliser won't let me key in any code, there is no response (beep) when I press any button on the keypad.

Also, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the oil pressure gauge was going haywire on the way home, moving from minimum to maximum pressure.

If anyone can help, I'd be really really grateful :)

scoff :) p.s. The remote on my key is knackered so any procedures I have to do without using my remote!

Reply to
bobbler_dobbler

sounds like they left the earth lead loose on the gearbox to reset the keypad pop it out of its surround,disconnect it for a minute or so reconnect and then it will let you type your number in again

Reply to
Mindwipe

Many, many thanks for taking the time to reply - It was indeed the earth lead :)

scoff :)

Reply to
scoff