306 immobiliser

Please help.

Have a 306 XSi 3 dr N-reg,with the keypad immobiliser. When you turn the key, both lights come on. Tried a few of the tips on here and the disconnecting and reconnecting worked briefly, but now cannot get the car started at all. The engine turns over, so don't think it's mechanical. You can type in numbers, but they have no effect, although if you type in 3 times it locks the system.

Have read that if we get it started then we can disconnect it. Just need to get it started.

Any advice?

Reply to
Sharon via CarKB.com

Hi

The keypad doesnt stop the engine turning over when armed.

Check the fuel cut off switch under the bonnet ( Black or red button bolted to the body )hasnt tripped, Just press it to reset it.

Also check the 3 large wiring loom connectors behind the passenger side headlamp, These give a lot of trouble when the car ages & the immobiliser wires run through here.

Reply to
Lee Power via CarKB.com

agreed

Reply to