peugeot 406 sri turbo turbo not working

Please can some one help me?

I was driving my car (406 Sri Turbo petrol) and while accelerating the car back fired and now I have very limited turbo (the boost is there but not as good). I have checked all of the hoses and I can?t find any that are cracked or not connected. you can still hear the turbo spin and the dump valve release a little whoosh but there is no power. I was wondering whether it would be the waste gate servo or something along those lines

Reply to
tazz1977

I would say that the exhaust is clogged. Either the cat (if present) has collapsed or the back box is clogged up. Dave

Reply to
Dave Spam

Check large hoses or pipes, sometimes they can blow off Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

Hi,

And perhaps the engine check light is on... BTW, 406SRI Turbo : 2.0l turbo

148HP ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"G.T" wrote: > Hi, > > > Check large hoses or pipes, sometimes they can blow off > And perhaps the engine check light is on... BTW, 406SRI Turbo > : 2.0l turbo > 148HP ? > > Regards, > G.T > snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr > 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :

I have checked the hoses all ok

How do I check the cat

It is a 2.0 turbo 150 BHP

also before my engine back fired, the engine light used to come on when the engine was under load just after 3000 or so revs But if I eased off the pedal the light would go off and if you continued accelerating the engine would die for a second then continue accelerating as normal, which was annoying

Reply to
tazz1977

Hi,

Ok then. Just there wasn't any SRI here. Here it was called a Turbo CT (I've heard it was for "Constant Torque").

I was assuming the diag light was coming :-)

Just a thought or two : check ECU & coils connections. Could it be a burnt coil pack ? No, you wouldn't start. But I'm guessing of some kind of misconnection in the engine loom which would force the engine to run into limp mode. I also like the idea of a clogged exhaust or cat, but have no clue on how to check it.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Go to any MOT station and ask them to check that the catalyst is working. It's a standard part of the MOT for more recent cars. Dave

Oh err, ask your local dealer to check the engine management codes??

Reply to
Dave Spam

Visit your local Peugeot dealer, and pay them to read the engine management codes. Without knowing the fault code, you can't rectify the problem :)

Reply to
Nom