406 instrument panel bulb replacement

Can anyone help re the removal of the instrument cluster from the dashboard of my 1999 406 2l HDI estate?

The displays of total mileage and trip mileage have failed, and I assume this is probably a bulb failure behind the instrument panel.

I can see three screws which appear to attach the black bezel to the dashboard, but so far have not attempted to undo them. There may be more screws I haven't yet found, and I don't know what sort of electrical connections are made to the rear of the panel (presumably one or more multi pin connectors?)

Has anyone tackled this problem? I suspect the bulb is not too expensive but the labour cost of getting the dealer to do this job is something I'd like to avoid.

Many thanks

JMB

Reply to
john babb

Yes it is a bulb behind the panel it is just 1 screw, then GENTLY start klikking out the bezel, start from the middle of the car

the dealer takes half an hour, you could do it in five minutes

Reply to
Marc

i was talking out of my arse

It is 3 torx (1.5) up in the bezel, then gently price it out then it is 4 torx 1.5 for the clock unit, then you have to find out how to GENTLY take out the klok as it is clipped in.

Easy with the two connectors, you can lift the two levers on them and take out the whole unit

when mounting the thing back take your time for the bezel, it is quite difficult in getting the air outlets with their valves back in place

still it is just five minutes

Grrzz

Reply to
Marc