406 automatic gearbox problems.

Dear all

I have a 406 2.0 auto year 1997. I find that the gearbox when its shifting has a strange clunk noise for each gear. The box does this everytime and I was wondering if the box has be rebuild or replaced.

Is this a common problem for auto boxes from Peugeot?

Thanks!

Jim

Reply to
Jim

The ZF 4HP14 gearbox on my last 306 had gear change noise since new. The Peugeot dealer said it was normal until I changed the oil to fully synthetic transmission oil and the symptom disappeared.

Reply to
Yuting Wan