engine power loss

When driving along the engine will quite regulary loose all acceleration but not stall. It will then come back withing a couple of seconds. It you are driving on the motorway, this can be very annoying when overtaking! Somtimes when you pull up to traffic light or a roundabout, the engine will completly stall.

When this is happening you can dip the clutch, hold your foot on the accelerator in the same position and watch the revs rising and falling of their own accord.

Reply to
SIPJ

Check that the engine management connectors are securely connected. I had a similar problem, after a recent pug service. Called out the AA he took the engine cover off and pushed the connectors hard home and problem solved.

Unfortunately this may only be one of many resolutions, but not the one for you. But worth a check.

Reply to
John Hollinshead

I have sorted it. It was the MAP sensor, although it cost £65 from Peugeot it was well worth it.

Reply to
SIPJ