Brake Pad light

Hi

My Brake Pad light has just come on.

Realistically how long have a got assuming i only brake lightly?

Don't get me wrong, ill get it sorted ASAP but im away from home at the moment.

TIA Oli

Reply to
Oli

I don't know what car you have! - but the pads on the 406, the wear sensor is set at about 2mm - that would be about a month or two's wear before they start to get dangerous I think...

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Mines a 406 too - thanks! Oli

Reply to
Oli

In message , Oli writes

Beware, on a 306 at least low brake fluid also shows as the same light. Check the level, easier to fix away from home & its worth knowing what you are dealing with.

Regards

Reply to
Dave English