HELP – Advice needed on new-born child-seat for Peugeot 405 Estate

Hello,

We are looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for a new-born car-seat for a Peugeot 405 Estate (’96 model), which we’ve found is a really awkward make/model for getting a seat that is compatible and (most importantly) safe.

We’re actually looking for a child-seat that has a carrying handle, in order that it can easily be transferred in and out with minimal fitting, so that the baby will (hopefully) continue to sleep.

We have “been around the houses” with Britax/Halfords – Britax actually recommend two different models – the First Class and the Rock-A-Tot. However, when someone from Halfords attempted to fit the Rock-A-Tot (which does have the carrying handle), they were unhappy with how stable the seat was. So, the only seat that seemed to be okay was the First Class, which, unfortunately, doesn’t have the carry handle.

So, is there anyone else who has the same car and can recommend an alternative, or offer any useful advice (apart from get a new car that doesn’t have this problem!)?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Reply to
Steve Burch