405 estate - internal Dimensions

Hello,

Does anybody have to hand the internal dimensions of the estate area of

1993 405 estate.

In particular maximum height, width and depth (ok, there isn't anything else!).

Cheers

Peter (trying to find out if the Volvo dog cage will fit the Peugeot)

Reply to
puffernutter

I would if I owned a Peugeot 405, I am looking at buying one! I currently own a Swedish coffin carrier!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Just get inside with tape rule and do it your self?

Reply to
Chris

Sorry mate i have a 405 saloon and i have a look in the haynes for you.yes i found it for you.overall length est-4398mm overallwidth-1694mm.overall height(unladen)estate-1445mm. but this does not let you know the inside dimensions, what you could do is go down to a pug place and ask could u have a look inside and play witha tape rule.

Reply to
Chris

Hello Peter, Fancy bumping into you here!

Just so happen I have a 405 Estate - 1995 but I doubt it is much different from a 93

Tail gate opening is 113cm wide from the floor upto a height of 30cm then it tapers to 90 wide at a height or 80cm

Inside the roof lining is higher at 88cm

The wheel arches and storage pockets above are quite long so most of the loadspace is also 113cm wide and up to 30cm high then tapering as the door but to 96cm wide at 88cm high.

Length with the seats up 100cm and 165cm with the seats down. Rear seat is at an angle tipped back so possibly loose 20cm in length between top edge of rear seats and tailgate.

Hope this makes sense and is a bit more helpful than other answers to date!

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Bob,

That is very helpful, thank you.

Depending on the taper to the roof, I reckon it should fit! I will find out for sure on Saturday!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Hello Bob,

Nice work ! I just had a look at an estate GL '93 brochure (found with Google), the measurement are said as following : Cargo lenght (floor) seats up : 1.06m 3.478ft Cargo lenght (floor) seats down : 1.61m 5.282ft Cargo width bewteen wheel arches : 1.130m 3.707ft Cargo height : 0.905m 2.969ft Cargo area (seats up) : 1.2sq.m 12.917 sq.f Cargo area (seats down) : 1.8sq.m 19.376 sq.f

(originally expressed with metric system (french brochure), I converted them -should be almost OK).

HTH,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

In message , G.T writes

Sadly, I've got to replace my 405 Estate.

I'm looking at all possible diesel estates at about 8 years old, >=40 MPG.

Does anyone know a good source of size specs? A web site or whatever.

Just something like the load volume in litres or whatever would be fine.

Regards

Reply to
Dave English

Hi,

Consider the deadly trio of movers : Xsara estate, 306 estate or 406 estate, if you don't want to get another 405.

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

In message , G.T writes

Yes, thanks.

The 406 estate is a strong possibility. I think the 306 & Xsara would be too small( though I haven't seen figures) - but the last of the Xantias would also do.

What I would really like to try, I think, is a D-4D Toyota Avensis - but they are difficult to find.

My Peugeots have been very good, but now Toyota have a good name for engineering & reliability.

All the best

Reply to
Dave English