405 Clarion Radio help needed.

I Bought a N Reg 405 Its got a Clarion PU - 9679A radio fitted. Display stuck on "Security" but can play radio with long beep tones. Rang Peugeot dealer and got the code, had to remove radio from car to get radio Serial Number When I put the radio back into dashboard . "security" was displayed again , but when I pressed a button the display has gone off completely.

Is this because I had radio disconnected from batt for few hours? I have checked the wiring connections and they are fine.

Any help would be most welcome

Richy

Reply to
Richy

"Richy" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Because I disconnected the battery, my (306) Clarion radio displayed "Code In". I thought to be smart and typed 1234, but no avail. After 3 times the radio was locked. On the bill I found the right code. According to the manual I should press the Wave button. And indeed, after a few seconds there was the display again: Code in. After putting in the right one, there was music!! My 2 cents.....

Reply to
B52