Peugeot 405 estate gear change probs.

Hi all

I've got an '89 405 GL 1.9 estate that has got an issue with part of the gearbox. It seems to be mainly 3rd, when changing from 3rd to anything else there is a clunk noise when you pull it out of 3rd. None of the other gears have this problem.

Took it into a main dealer and he drove it and said the clutch was fine, but didn't check adjustment. He says he thinks that it will be the linkages from the stick to the box.... What do you all think?

It had a lot of issues when I got it but once this is sorted and I have changed the speedo drive unit hopefully everything else is cosmetic so I don't really want to get rid on the last problem but will if I have to.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson