Help!!! The alarm/immobiliser

My wife owns a second hand Peugeot 306 M reg with a keypad immobiliser. As far as I know, it has never been activated but today she cannot start the car. I know the battery is alright because the headlights and radio work ok.

When I turn the ignition, the alarm sounds and carries on for a few minutes after I shut and lock the door. This is the old style of keypad that sits on the centre console at the junction between the front fascia and the the ridge on which the brake and gearstick sit.

I think, from memory of a Citroen with a similar set up, that there is a default setting of 1111 but the keyboard does not seem to respond to anything and there are no lights or anything on it. However, I do not know the procedure for entering the default keycode, the actual number of the default or whether that will stop the damned alarm from going off and driving the neighbours mad.

Anyone got any tips? I tried to apply the procedure described in my 406 handbook but that doesn't work!

Reply to
Steven Kinch

keypad is not linked to the alarm at all turn on ignition and press ultrasonics button on side of column alarm will deactivate if the keypad has not been used then it is probably disconnected DO NOT reconnect if you don't know the code the factory code of 1111 will have been overwritten reconnection without the correct code will cost you a new ecu(unless you can find someone local to unlock it)

Reply to
Mindwipe