Alarm/immobiliser

The one on my old SD1 is playing up - and the remote has always had a poor range. Looking on Ebay there's not much price difference between Toad, Clifford and Viper with the facilities I want. I'm tempted by the Viper

5002 as it seems to have everything I'm ever likely to ever want. Any other makes I should consider or avoid? It will be self install.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've had toad recommended to me occasionally. That's as far as my knowledge goes, although apparently the toad units do keep going even if all the wires are pulled as there's a built in battery backup in the siren.

To me the viper's don't seem that huge on the functions - you get a pager, but the range of these things is usually limited to 500m or so. £50 more would get you a toad and the GSM unit so that you're texted wherever you are if the car's broken into.

Reply to
Doki