MP3 on an LD4 Stereo

I know that there have been similar threads, but none that quite aswer my question, sorry!

I've jsut bought a brand new 307 Sport, with what the manual describes as an LD4 head unit with 5 CD changer.

Most of my music is on MP3 CDs which my previous car stereo played no problem. The manual for the LD4 clearly states that it plays MP3 CDs, but I simply cannot get it to work. It just spits the CDs out after a short time. In the Changer display, it describes them as "Unplayable."

Any advice?

Reply to
edgarj7674

No idea about LD4 specifics but... First check the manual for the format it wants the MP3s in. ie. Will it handle folders/nested folders etc? (Then make sure you're not test trying an MP3 DVD. I only add this because that was my first dumb mistake on my new Pioneer player :-)

rgds. jim.

Reply to
djimbo

That's funny Jim, I did exactly the same thing you did with a new Pioneer headunit a while back. As for the LD4 unit, I thought is was the Clarion RD4. To my knowledge, neither the Clarion head unit nor the Blaupunkt 5 disc stacker (under the Clarion) will play MP3's what so ever. If you look through some threads that were posted earlier this week, you'll get some better information about exactly the same thing. There's really not a great deal you can do. Dan.

Reply to
tricky4000