2005 Camry stereo have MP3 player?

Hi, I have a 2002 Camry and I like the stereo but I'd like to be able to put a CD full of MP3s in it.

Does anyone know if the newer Camrys (2005?) have a stereo that plays MP3s? If so, how much is it to buy the new stereo component?

Jed

Reply to
Jed Bartlett

Car Guy

is it the same size as the old radio/cd player? or do you have a spacer in there too?

i am thinking about doing the same thing in my 2002

thanks for the info herb

Reply to
Herbnn

MP3's have advantages & disavantages. I had an MP3 player in a prior Corolla.

Advantages: Lots of tunes.

Disadvantages: Hard to find the tune you want to play due to the fact of too many songs on one CD. You could do a printout for the MP3 CD on your computer containing all the songs, possibly 200+ songs on one CD.

No more MP3 players in a car for me.

Reply to
dr. dig

Just use your computer and a program like Nero to burn your CD.

If you tell Nero to "make an audio CD," it's smart enough to know that even if you put MP3s or WMAs or OGGs in the playlist, you want the output in CDA.

Viola! Problem solved and you don't have to deal with too many songs.

Reply to
Big Kahuna

I think the only problem was that you didn't realise the full capabilities of your MP3 player! When you burn the CD you don't have to throw all the MP3s on there in one big list. You can create folders and subfolders. So you might have a folder for each artist and a subfolder for each album. The MP3 player will display the folder name when you navigate through each one, so no problem finding the track you want.

Reply to
Chip