84 pontiac

I was wondering if someone could answer a couple questions for me. First i have an 84 pont parisienne station wagon, i need a windshield and cant seem to find one for that exact year, however someone told me that for station wagons you can use a windshield from any make of wagon, be it ford, chevy, buick etc. Is there any truth to that? Second, i was wanting to put a police cruiser issue sway bar in the rear end. Would that be compatible with a station wagon, or would the wagon chassis be a little wider than an old cop car? thanks in advance

Reply to
Midget Tosser

I find it hard to believe you can't find a windshield. A few years ago, I walked into a local window shop with my '82 Trans Am, and they had a windshield in the car within the day, and for only $250. As for fitting in any windshield, I would highly doubt that would work, unless custom work was done.

Reply to
80 Knight

Unless you are trying to find a used windshield, new ones are available at any auto glass shop. As far as piecing together a windshield from some other make or model, you probably will wind up buying a new one after you break the ones from other cars trying to install it.

Reply to
Les Benn

Reply to
Shep

Of course not. It is true that a 1984 Chevrolet wagon, a 1984 Pontiac wagon, and a 1984 Buick wagon are the same thing, but that should be obvious to you if you just look at them. Those are GM wagons. Ford wagons are different.

But anyway, what you need to do is look in the yellow pages under auto glass. The people in there will come to your house and put the windshield in for you.

Reply to
Joe

You might check the following site:

CCTGENE