Bonneville sse

I have an 89 Bonneville SSE that the body is shot but the engine is almost perfect. A mechanic told me I could sell the engine for around 1200 I need to get the whole thing off my property. Anyone know if this is a fair asking price for the engine or too much? I'm in Arizona so if anyone is interested drop me an email and make an offer.

Thanks Rev. R Cluster

Reply to
R Cluster

Well, Unless there's something really unique, or it's brand new, $1200 is pretty steep... Just what is shot about the body ? Are the ground effects intact, are the tail light lens' in good shape ? Does the Instrument Cluster work OK ? Alot of parts are selling on Ebay... Look at this tail light :

What color interior does / did it have ? I could use the switches off the seats... Are the spoiler and ground effects decent ? I'd part it out...

Engines :

Whole cars:

Guess

I'd part it out. What does " Shot " mean when refering to the body condition?

How many miles on it?

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~279, 000 miles_~_~_

Reply to
Harry Face

Well the car was hit on two seperate ocassions in the front grill and during a storm a tree limb fell on the roof leaving a dent also it has minor damage back by the gas flap. the taillights work the seats motors and window motors work, the speedometer quit working after the second collision. the interior is shot heat exposure from sitting in the sun with the windows rolled up for sevral months and use. Like I said the engine and tranny seems to be the salvagable basics. I'm not asking 1200 I stated that the mechanic told me 1200 and I was wondering if that wasn't too much to ask for an angine and tranny.

Thanks for the responses

Reply to
R Cluster