Problem with headlights on a 99 Grand Prix

Hi. My Mom has a 1999 Grand Prix 4 door (Red but I don't think that that matters). She has had problems with her headlights. Over the past 4 months, the headlights have stopped working.

The 1st time it happened, she simply started the car. No headlights. The next day they worked fine.

The 2nd time it happened when she was driving it (I was the passenger at the time so I got to see it happen). She turned off the right blinker and the headlights went off too. When she turned the lights on and off a couple of times and ALL the lights when out. Then they all came back except for the headlights. She turned the brites on and then off and the headlights started working again.

After both times the car was taken to the dealership but they could not duplicate or find the problem. They didn't want to start replacing parts not knowing if it would fix the problem or not.

Has anybody here seen this type of behavior???

Thanks for any info you folks can provide. I don't like having my Mom drive around in the dark without knowing if her headlights are going to cut out.

Randy

Reply to
Randall Vandermolen

id put money on the switch being on its way out, ive replaced 2 in my 99 sunfire

Reply to
M.C. Tee