Re: '92 Bonneville, 230,000 mi., looks good;runs bad....can you help me :)

Well...I put the old ignition module back on , tried to restart, wouldn't, checked codes..."17" ( spark reference circuit problem) and"42" (electronic spark timing circuit problem) now showed up. Since a code"41" (cam sensor circiut prroblem) didn't appear I figured it would have to be the crank sensor....FIGURED WRONG...replaced crank sensor...same problem, only code "42" was read this time. Either it's the cam sensor (I'll replace next) or I damaged the new crank sensor during installation (boy, I sure hope not). Anyone know the correct wy to troubleshoot the EST system without a scope???? Will keep you posted. This problem is wearing both me and my pocketbook down!!! Any support is greatly appriciated :) . Thanks, Mike

Reply to
SamIam

Well, at least you will have a lot of good spares around the next time something breaks...

Reply to
Steve K