92 Pontiac Bonneville

My 92 Bonneville stalls when breaking to a stop. Sometimes it stumbles but doesn't stall. Rarely but it may stumble or even stall when driving with my foot off the accelerator for maybe 15 or 30 seconds. Works OK when driving and if I accelerate hard it doesn't seem to hesitate and continues to run OK as I accelerate normally. It runs somewhat rough at idling, but not all the time. Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Reply to
Alpha One

Well since you break it to stop, that seems to be exactly what should happen. Were you to brake it to stop, and then it stalled, that would be a problem.

Reply to
PeterD

Supercharged?

Reply to
Paul

Reply to
Alpha One

I had a few cars do that to me. The RPM gauge was also dropping well below the level required to keep the car running (the gauge would usually drop below 500 or so, then the car would quit). It turned out the ECM or computer module needed to be replaced. A great place for Bonneville info is

You won't find a site with more information anywhere, and the people will reply with a good answer usually in minutes.

Reply to
80 Knight

Odds are its one or more of these. Take them all off, clean and check them. TPS, MAF, IAC, throttle body. Check the IAC with a 9v. battery. Check the TPS with an ohmmeter. Can't do much with the MAF except clean it. If the throttle body has never been cleaned since new, then it is really gunked up by now. Same with the other parts. Clean the PCV, too.

Reply to
Paul