Re: Here we go again

Travis, Yu didn't say if antifreeze leaked on the ground or not. If not on ground, check oil level or see if there's any sign of water in oil...You should be able to see it on the dipstick as watery droplets or higher oil level. I don't think it's uncommon to have to add a little antifreeze once in a while under normal conditions but shouldn't have to on a regular basis. Good luck with your car and STAY IN SCHOOL :) , Mike

Reply to
SamIam

"SamIam" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.carstalk.net...

Given my high GPA, I would stay in school. (I don't know where this came up anyway.) I'll continue to go to school as long as my car can get me there and back. (lol - just kidding.) Dad said he saw antifreeze in the driveway, which is how I found out. He said there wasn't a lot, but there were two or three tiny puddles. I checked the reservoir two or three weeks ago and it was full, but now it's halfway between the add and the full. It wouldn't go down that quick unless there was a leak. It's probably the cold temperatures that brought this leak on, but I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the water pump gasket? Like I said, we just did all of the hoses less than a year ago. I didn't check anything else - I just opened the hood up, saw the antifreeze was considerably down and closed the hood. I didn't check the hoses or anything. Maybe one's loose. Oh, and if there's antifreeze in my oil, which I should check, all I'll say is uh oh because I know that could probably mean a head gasket. I'll look at it tomorrow when it's a little warmer out. We're struggling to get in the single digits above zero (F) today. I remember BEFORE the first time I had an antifreeze leak, I noticed a small amount of antifreeze on the engine, but that was due to a hose that wasn't on tight. Tightened it up and it was fine until a few months later when my dad went to move my car and he could smell antifreeze. Two months later, we replaced the hoses. I haven't had any temperature problems YET. (I don't have a temp guage but do have a temp light.) In fact, I've never had problems with the temp with my car, but when my mom still had it, she did a lot - especially when idling for long periods of time - in example, a fast food place. (I remember when she drove it on an hour trip and stopped somewhere to get something to eat and the light came on.) After you'd start driving it, the light would go out.

Reply to
Travis King