Air circulation default?

My wife and I would like to know if air circulation is supposed to default to interior only (vs. from exterior). We both sware that we don't change the setting from ext. but I notice that it often changes to int on its own. Anybody else have this problem?

Neil R

Reply to
Neil Rutman

This is the way it's supposed to work when you have A/C set to Auto, which it does by default. Air flow changes to whatever is needed at the time.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Not a problem, a design feature! If the differential between internal and external temperatures is large enough the auto air conditioning switches to internal to work quicker and more efficiently. It switches back after a few minutes

regards

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry W

Any manual selection you make will override that part of the Auto setting (that is, if you're in Auto and you select outside air, it will use outside air but still cycle the outlets and run the fan in Auto mode). Note that selecting Defrost also switches to outside air, so be careful of the temp buttons on the steering wheel.

Reply to
richard schumacher