power outlets:

I've had my Prius a little over a month and I have a question about the power outlets. I have used my cell phone charger a couple of times and yesterday when I plugged it in there was no power. I tried both sockets and neither worked. Is it possible a fuse blew? Everything else seems to work fine. I did try a different adapter and that didn't work either. Any suggestions?

Reply to
silledad

Check your owner's manual but I know the one in the glove box isn't "hot" unless the car is booted up. I've never used the one by the dash.

Larry Morphew

1955 Studebaker Commander 2004 Toyota Prius
Reply to
Larry Morphew

I think those things are fused under the left side of the driver footwell, if you can manage to turn upside down and slink under there. Why do they put the interior fuse panel in such horrible locations on some cars?

Reply to
qslim

The 12v DC "cigarette lighter" outlets are only hot when the Prius is on.

Reply to
Michelle Vadeboncoeur

I did try with the car on. I have tried several different chargers and none worked. I also tried them in my wife's car it looked like one of them worked initially and then stopped. Is it possible these relatively low voltage chargers could blow fuses out in two cars?

Reply to
silledad

As expected it was a fuse. FYI the Prius uses a mini mini fuse that even the parts guy was suprised by.

Thanks for all your replies.

Reply to
silledad

I have a 2005 Prius and use the outlets for my cell phone and no problem. It works great recharging as I drive about! Check your Fuse and the load required for your charger.

Reply to
Ken