Where do you stash your cell phone on #6 option?

Is that what that compartment above the mirror is for?

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

I keep my cell phone in its holster clipped to my waistband.

The compartment is for eye glasses; most people who use it for that keep a pair of sunglasses there, but I keep a spare pair of my regular eyeglasses there.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I keep my sunglasses up there. I've wondered where I would keep a cell phone if I had one. In my #6 there is a power outlet in the center console and a tray. I've wondered if one can simply plug it into that outlet, set it in the tray, and use the Prius's Bluetooth feature to use it with the console lid closed. Anybody know if this works?

Reply to
Bill

Mine is frequently in one of the cup holders, unless they are both occupied.

Reply to
Jean B.

Does the Prius's level 6 option repeat the radio signal through the roof antenna or are you still dependent on the cell phone's antenna?

Reply to
Bill

It does.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Neither; if you have a roof antenna for the cell phone, it has to be connected directly to the cell phone. The AM/FM antenna that comes with the car is not designed for cellphone frequencies.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I got some Velcro with adhesive back. I stick the fuzzy side to the back of the cell phone, and the loop side on the side front of the console. You then stick the cell phone to the front side of the console with the Velcro, and if it rings, you just grab it from down there. You can stick the loop Velcro to both sides of the console (drivers and passengers) if you want. I keep the cell phone plugged into the socket inside the console compartment and run the wire under the lid.

Anyway, that's what I do.

Steve

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:45:41 GMT, "B. Peg" put together some random words that came up with:

Reply to
Steve

Anyway, that's what I do.

Steve

If the phone rings, presuming you have Bluetooth, do you have to touch the phone or just touch a button on the steering wheel to take the call?

Reply to
Bill

Press the off-hook button on the steering wheel.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I thought it was supposed to be hands-free. :-)

Reply to
Bill

Well, you could set up the phone to automatically answer the call if it is connected to a blue tooth device.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I use that for sunglasses.

For the cellphone I got one of those iGrip sticky pads sold for use with IPOD music players and stick it to the dash. Works well but the phone can get hot on sunny days if you leave the phone in the car when parked.

Reply to
Jay Hennigan