Cell phone dock for car?

I saw something awhile back, where you install in it the car and it wirelessly turns your cell phone into a hands-off unit through the car speaker system?

Anyone recall what they call that?

Reply to
Jane_Galt

Blue tooth.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

No, it was some kind of system that mounts in the car and goes through the speakers?

Reply to
Jane_Galt

There are loads of bluetooth devices that can clip to the visor to give you a hands-free speakerphone experience. Your existing car radio does not support this, but Costco has a solution for about 50 bucks.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Yes. Bluetooth. They make bluetooth radios, you need one.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Aren't cell phones wireless, by definition?

Distracted driving?

Stupidity thinking that you can do more than one thing well at a time?

Ford makes Sync. It have it. It's pretty cool. You can't plug it into a car, though. You have to buy the car with it.

But I never talk on the cell when driving. The problem isn't that my hands are tied up. It's that I need my brain concentrating on the road, not the conversation. And, studies have clearly shown that those of us who think we can multitask well are the worst at multitasking.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Ah, then it's time to ban passengers.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

So you never carry passengers, then.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Phxbrd

Some people just cant walk and chew gum at the same time. LOL!

Cops and ham radio operators manage it all the time.

Reply to
Jane_Galt

Doesn't mean that they manage it well or safely.

I haven't seen any ham radio operators use their radios while driving.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

I used a HT in the car for several years, to and from work, which was a 30 mile drive at the time. And that was around 1989-1993 so the HT was BIG compared to now.

How many do you know?

I havent seen any lithuanians using one either. ;-)

Reply to
Jane_Galt

Why is that even better?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The sound quality is superior with a headset than with a speaker attached to the sunvisor.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You're probably right.

Yeah.

No, then it keeps going in and out of contact with the phone, being I leave the phone various places when I'm out and getting in/out of the car.

OK.

LOL, I dont care for them anyway, I DVR Glenn Beck every day and watch it at bedtime. :-)

I'm closer to a libertarian-conservative like Beck, than to neocons like Rush or Hannity. :-)

Freedom Watch had Ron and Rand Paul on this past Saturday and I liked what Ron Paul said. He said he's a social conservative but doesnt believe in dictating his own views through legislation. That's a true libertarian in my book!

The radio has a fast turn off button, just touch and it's off. I dont listen to it much during the day while I'm out working anyway, usually just at night during off hours, or if work takes me on a long drive.

Nopers. :)

Reply to
Jane_Galt

Sometimes I wish I could give nearby cars a piece of my mind. LOL

Reply to
Jane_Galt